Saturday 16 February 2013

Little Angels - Town and Country Club, 13 March 1991

Little Angels 13 March 1991
Little Angels have recently re-formed for some live shows, so I thought I'd dig this one out. A fairly eye-catching / watering ticket design in three colours. Also another example of a font / logo being used for the band name that I have not seen used anywhere else.

I believe this tour was to promote the Young Gods album but can't be sure. The 'special guests' were Katmandu, a short lived group featuring Dave King, formerly of Fastway on vocals. I hadn't heard them before but was sufficiently moved to buy their CD, which I still have. 

For those that may not be aware of the band, Little Angels are a British rock band from Yorkshire that play a raucous classic rock with air raid siren vocals and an occasional horn section. What's not to love? I have to admit to being a sucker for horns used in rock music and there are some crackers on the Don't Prey for Me album - particularly Radical Your Lover which was co-written with the wonderful Dan Reed. Glorious stuff.

Anyway, all this rambling has probably prepared you for the usual cop out ending to one of these posts. I remember very little of the headliner's set, but I do remember thinking they were every bit as good live as on record. I wanted Bruce's 'Eat my Dust' Les Paul and Toby's corkscrew barnet. I also remember wishing I was as good looking as Michael Lee, the drummer at the time. Great musician, handsome bastard, gone too soon.


No comments: